It's been a busy time at Swagger!! We have been to awards banquets, fashion shows, and charity events week after week. AND of course, making sure we get all our NEW Spring items in the store. I am super grateful for this crazy time, and all i'm wondering is....where did March go?! Anyone else with me here??
Something that is near and dear to my heart is Swagger's community outreach. Two Thursdays ago, my Swagger Raleigh team and I headed to the Angus Barn for The Ronald McDonald House of Durham Charity Event.
For those of you who are not familiar with the Ronald McDonald House, they provide a place to stay for families with hospitalized children who are being treated at nearby hospitals and medical facilities, acting as a "Home Away From Home". There are houses all over the country!
"Built with love, the Ronald McDonald House of Durham and Wake offers a comforting “home-away-from-home” and a community of support for seriously ill children and their families."
These are my takeaways from the event:
1. Giving to charity is important- for the following reasons:
- We don't live in a perfect world, and there's never going to be a perfect time to give—but there are always people out there in need of help in some way.
- When you donate money to charity, you create opportunities to meet new people who believe in the same cause that inspire you. That, and making a real impact, can infuse your everyday life with more meaning.
- When your kids see you donating money, they're much more likely to adopt a giving mindset as they grow up.
- You don't need $10,000 to make a difference in someone's life. Every little bit counts! If you're on a tight budget, volunteer your time!
2. OMG- do I love the people I work with! We are a family and we had so much fun dancing the night away. I could not ask for better women to help me run a business and represent the core values of Swagger. They are amazing!
3. Angus Barn cheese - YUM. Need I say more!